Human impact and technology
Essential Question: How does human activity affect an ecosystem?
Should community leaders apply technological solutions to deal with human-caused problems within the natural environment? Provide evidence to support your argument. In your argument, you should address:
- What is the human-caused problem you will be discussing? (i.e. Climate Change or Overexploitation of Natural Resources)?
- What are the causes of the human-caused problem?
- If a technological solution should be applied:
- What is the technology?
- What are the positive effects of the technology?
- What is at least one tradeoff (negative effect) of the technology?
- If a technological solution should not be applied:
- What alternative solution do you propose?
- What are the positive effects of the alternative solution?
- What is at least one tradeoff (negative effect) of the alternative solution?
- Suggested Vocabulary Include
- Carbon dioxide, Fossil Fuels, Pollution, Greenhouse Effect, Climate, Deforestation, Acid Rain, Preservation, Conservation, Finite Resource, Infinite Resource, Non-renewable Resource, Renewable Resource, Forest Preserve, Population Growth, Sustainability
Climate Change Resources
EPA Guide to Climate Change
Union of Concerned Scientists
Resource Exploitation Resources
Stand for Trees
Wildlife Conservation Society