Bronx Zoo Field Studies
Field Study Scholarly Article Template
- Example #1 - How much more active is the Ring-Tailed Lemur compared to the Coquerel’s Sifaka?
- Example #2 - How does the gender of the Toco toucan affect their frequency of jumping?
- Example #3 - How does the rate of wing movement differ between the Victoria Crowned Pigeon and the Crested Guineafowl?
- Example #4 - Which combination of movement does the Ring-tailed lemur use most often during climbing?
Bronx Zoo Animal Inventory
Learning about your animals
As you prepare for your next data collection at the Bronx Zoo, it is important that you become an expert on your animals by conducting some background research. The questions below will guide you as you become an expert zoologist
Guiding Questions - Animal Fun Facts
Guiding Questions - Animal's Diet
MOre research links
The links below need a password: 23333087556039
Another area that you should become an expert in is the habitat in which your species lives. The questions below can guide you through this research.
habitat research links
Guiding Questions - Habitat
- What is the name of the habitat in which the animal lives?
- Where is the habitat located on Earth?
- How much rainfall does the habitat receive each year?
- What is the average temperature that the habitat experiences?
- Describe the plants and trees that can be found in the habitat.
- What other animals might your animal encounter in its habitat?
Creating a Graph in Google Docs
Editing the Graph and Inserting it into a Google Doc
Background Data Ethogram
Ethogram practice videos
Comparing Behaviors Ethogram
Behavior Scanning ethogram